- This event has passed.
Global DevOps Bootcamp 2018 @Microsoft Flux by Kompozure
June 16 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Global DevOps Bootcamp is a global event that will be held on Saturday June 16th and is all about DevOps on the Microsoft Stack. Centrally organized by Xpirit and Solidify and offered to in Helsinki by Kompozure.
During this 1-day event we will join DevOps communities all around the world to talk, learn and play with DevOps concepts.
Goals of the GlobalDevOpsBootcamp:
- DevOps in general
- Insights into where we are heading when it comes to DevOps and new technologies
- Get people’s hands dirty and let them play with all the good Microsoft DevOps stuff
Below is the preliminary agenda for GDBC 2018.
10:15 Keynote by Microsoft
10:30 Keynote by Okko Oulasvirta: Breaking down the Monolith
11:30 Hackathon/HandsOn DevOps challenges
The hands-on part with be based on a common application where we try to solve as many challenges as possible, including ideas like
- How to containerize an existing application
- How to add telemetry (app insights) to the application and gather hypothesis information
- How to use telemetry to monitor availability
- How to use feature toggles to move application into production without disrupting end users
- How to use release gates
- How to make DB schema changes
- Use Blue Green Deployments
13:30 Hackathon/HandsOn DevOps challenges (cont.)
16:00 Team presentations, prize draw
This year’s theme will be ‘From one release per month to multiple releases a day’. We will kick off with an introduction of a well-known authority in the DevOps space, followed by a keynote from Okko Oulasvirta (Kompozure, MCSD ALM) about where we are heading with DevOps. You will also here from Karl Ots (Kompozure, Azure MVP) what DevOps options Azure can offer for container technologies.
This time the event is all about DevOps and improving your release cadence. It will help you understand the latest DevOps trends and insights in modern technologies that enable you to release multiple times per day. It is an amazing combination between getting your hands dirty and sharing experience and knowledge around VSTS, Azure, DevOps with other community members.
Of course you won’t be on your own. During the day you will be supported and guided by Kompozure DevOps and Azure experts and Microsoft Finland consulting services who are active in the Microsoft DevOps Community.